Atlanta based Non-Profit needs to add a strong Senior Accountant to their team.
- Managing accounting and finance operations based on GAAP for small non-profit with 6 internal companies.
- Work with Executive Director to prepare budget and financial forecasts.
- Assist different auditors for agency, apartment complexes and Workers Comp audits.
- Assist Asset Manager with bill processing and interface with outside vendors as needed.
Specific duties include:
- Account payables – Review invoices, check for duplicate payments as needed, pay bills, print checks.
- Deposits – Complete deposit slips to ready for deposit for checks received from asset management and/or donations, once deposited, record deposits into software.
- Run Square/Paypal reports, record deposits into Peachtree, tie deposits for donations received and send all info to outside CPA for review.
- Input deposits from clients/complexes into Peachtree system.
- Manage employment program recording of sales into spreadsheet and review square reports. Tie deposits for charge sales between spreadsheet and Square/Paypal reports. Record monthly sales into Peachtree and tie accounts receivable amounts. Pay sales tax quarterly.
- Payroll – HR responsibilities including collection of timesheets, reporting of bi-monthly payroll to ADP system, split PR between properties by completing Excel spreadsheet, record PR checks into Peachtree, record/pay intercompany expenditures. Keep track of PDO’s for employees, send out quarterly report to managers of employee times.
- Month End Reports – make needed accrual and other journal entries. Briefly review each income statement for reasonableness. Send files and other needed support to CPA for review. CPA will reconcile bank accounts, record depreciation and review Peachtree online. Review Peachtree files after CPA’s review. Compare income statements to budgeted amounts and prepare reports for monthly board meetings.
- Budgets – Review 10 months data and project year end (12 months) amounts, make needed changes to year end amounts for new year’s budget, review monthly income statements as compared to budget. Work with Executive Director to produce recommended budget to board of directors.
- Audits – for both 6/30- & 12/31-year ends. Analyze account, make needed adjustments and prepare worksheets for auditors, assist auditors during audit. Review adjustments into Peachtree, record adjustments into Peachtree. Prepare worksheets, assist and review results for WC audits.
- Degree in Accounting
- Proven working experience as an accountant
- CPA licensed or CMA a big plus
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Critical thinking skills
This role will be working in the office and requires vaccination.
Salary up to $80k plus 100% paid M/D/V for the employee and 26 days PTO to start.
Click here to apply online