Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor with a large Major Public Organization located downtown!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Accounting Professionals for various immediate temporary positions.
This Senior Accountant role is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall Accounting skills!
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- This position performs advanced and/or supervisory level professional accounting work.
- Employees in this class perform highly complex and responsible accounting and related financial duties.
- Employees exercise a significant amount of financial controllership in a large and diversified accounting operation, or work from a corporate perspective to provide departments with a variety of financial advisory and consultative services.
- The nature of the work requires employees to provide high level financial advice and recommendations to senior managers in areas such as financial planning, system development and analysis and development of internal accounting control mechanisms.
- Work at this level is completed with considerable independence, and necessitates only limited direction from a superior with regard to the completion of financial objectives.
- Supervision is usually exercised over professional accountants and/or technical accounting subordinates.
- Work at this level is distinguished from the Accountant level by the increased job scope and level of responsibility for decision making and by the greater degree of control and accountability for financial results, plus complexity and diversity.
Your strengths include:
- A recognized professional accounting designation and five (5) years of progressively responsible financial management and supervisory experience.
- Proficient using Google suite of products, expertise in Excel as well as SAP or a similar financial system.
- Strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of the purpose, organization, policies and regulations governing the work program in the area of specialization; the ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of subordinates and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and direct a group of subordinates working within a major phase of accounting operation.
- Ability to apply mentoring/coaching skills to promote, develop and maintain an effective working environment.
- High level of analytical and conceptual skills to identify and resolve complex financial problems.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate and departmental policy and procedures.
- Evaluate and design financial control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the application of data processing in the maintenance and analysis of financial data.
- Thorough knowledge of the corporate financial system and its inter-relationship to departmental accounting operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and effectively maintain working relationships with all levels of management and non-management personnel.
- Ability to effectively allocate resources.
- Technical proficiency in major financial and analytical software systems.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Snober Bains.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!