The Senior Accountant will work with the Accounting Manager and the Director to handle major reporting and reconciliation duties for individual Business Units. Our client is looking for a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting in all areas. The successful candidate will have a strong business sense and have prior experience dealing with mid-complex accounting issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations through Blackline software to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Make recommendations of reserves
- Ensure intercompany accounts are in balance as assigned.
- Coordinate and support internal and external audits and assist Accounting Manager/Director of Accounting with them.
- Prepare PBC items for auditors as assigned by Accounting Manager
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses, including complex calculations for reserves.
- Creates reports requested by Director of Accounting/Accounting Manager.
- Assists with preparation of census reports as requested.
- Coordinates preparation of all Corporate Annual Filing documents for all states, cities, and counties as needed.
- Assist Accounting Manager with documenting Accounting issues.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget as needed.
- Mentor staff accountants or AP team members by answering questions or advising on coding
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment.
- Sales / Use Tax
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA or Master’s a plus)
- 3-5+ years’ experience in general accounting at a professional level
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Manufacturing ERP a plus
- Ability to function well in a challenging team-oriented environment