The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and the Director of Corporate Accounting to handle reporting and reconciliation duties for the Business Units. The ideal candidate will be professional with inherent leadership qualities and a strong attention to detail to ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations through to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Make recommendations of reserves
- Ensure inter-company accounts are in balance as assigned.
- Coordinate and support internal and external audits and assist Accounting Manager/Director of Accounting with them.
- Prepare items for auditors as assigned by Accounting Manager
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses, including complex calculations for reserves.
- Creates reports requested by Director of Accounting/Accounting Manager.
- Assists with preparation of census reports as requested.
- Coordinates preparation of all Corporate Annual Filing documents for all states, cities, and counties as needed.
- Assist Accounting Manager with documenting Accounting issues.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget as needed.
- Mentor staff accountants or AP team members by answering questions or advising on coding
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA or Master’s a plus)
- 3-5+ years’ experience in general accounting at a professional level
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a challenging team-oriented environment