The Senior Accountant is responsible for the administration, maintenance and general operation of corporate accounting, tax accounting, and reporting including but not limited to the supervision of accounts payable and receivable tasks.
Primary: General accounting tasks including but not limited to periodic reporting of the financial activities. Monitor daily processes of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. Responsible for the preparation of the end of month,
end of quarter, and end of year periodic reports and KPI analysis report.
Secondary: Prepare and publish required management reports including financial reports, expense analysis, cash flow, budgets, and fixed assets with depreciation & disposal. Work on special corporate projects as assigned by management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for Management of all Daily Processes as follows:
• Prepare financial statements with input from the rest of the accounting department
• Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
• Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
• Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies and parent company
• Coordinate semi-annual audits and quarterly reviews and assist Director
• Oversee accounts payable and receivable
• Forecast and plan for future needs
• Supervise accounting department, junior employees
• Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
• Ensure compliance with GAAP and all internal processes
• Develop procedures to improve efficiency
• Strong Knowledge in finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, and cost control principles and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the U.S.
• Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Organizational skills
• Detail-oriented skills
• Experience with computerized ledger systems
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
• Fluency in spoken and written Japanese preferred.
• Familiarity with SAP is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance, business, or related field required.
Experience: Minimum 7-10 years of Accounting experience.
Fluency in Japanese preferred.
This position may require minimal travel for training purposes.
This position requires lifting up to 15pounds occasionally.