Flybridge Staffing is currently looking for a Sr. Accountant for one of our clients in the downtown Nashville area, this is a contract-to-hire role with an enterprise-level organization with offices near downtown. This is a Hybrid role, 3 days onsite, 2 days remote each week. You will be responsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of company operations and support of management. Participate in the preparation and review of monthly financial statements. Ensure development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental accounting processes.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of General Ledger (GL).
- Prepare monthly journal entries to close the monthly fiscal period.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- Manage all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for one of our client's lines of business.
- Prepare all revenue and expense journal entries.
- Create, develop, and distribute monthly reporting to leadership.
- Perform financial analysis to provide insight into revenues and expenses.
- Contribute to overall process improvements of accounting operations.
- Participate in the development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit, and other internal management.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and/or proprietary information.
- Minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices sufficient to record journal entries, complete accurate balance sheet reconciliations, and contribute to the success of the accounting function.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial data in a critical, timely manner.
- Initiative to identify problems and ability to improve processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including v-lookup, pivot tables, and advanced formulas.
- Ability to create and prepare timely financial reports.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and compelling manner with all levels of personnel.
- Organize, prioritize, and complete work independently to consistently meet deadlines.
- Experience using accounting systems.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in accounting or finance
If your background aligns with the above details and you would like to learn more, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website, www.flybridgestaffing.com and one of our recruiters will be in touch with you ASAP.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with all our latest job openings and referral programs.