Partners with the Accounting Manager to process and manage the month end closing process, perform payroll related duties, and assist with ad-hoc accounting matters as they arise.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the month end closing process by creating adjusting journal entries and analyzing variances to budget/forecast as needed.
- Processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll under the supervision of the Accounting Manager.
- Assists the billing team in processing various types of invoices daily.
- Acts as the primary backup to the Accounts Payables Clerk.
- Assist with collection efforts as needed.
- Maintains a firm understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assists finance leadership with in-depth analysis of key performance indicators.
- Assists with pulling data to support periodic audits with service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in Accounting or Finance, or substitute 2 years’ pertinent experience for each year of education.
- Prior experience processing Payroll or Month End Close required
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results- orientation.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks within a complex organization, demonstrating ability to plan, organize, implement, and control.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Previous skill, knowledge, or experience specifically in accounting is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.