SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - LARGE GLOBAL ORGANIZATION
Our client, a global industrial packaging company, has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant.
Who: Global Industrial Packaging Company
What: Senior Accountant
When: Immediate Need
Where: Sandy Springs
Salary: Base up to $85k +/- plus bonus & excellent benefits
- Perform the day-to-day accounting operations to ensure all accounting transactions are recorded on a timely basis and in accordance with US GAAP. This will include: recording journal entries, budget to actual variance analysis, recording month-end expense accruals, identifying capital assets, updating balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and reviewing financial statements.
- Assist with the business process transformation of the Accounting department to Atlanta, identify areas for improvement and implement new processes to increase efficiency and control structure.
- Collaborate with business partners to verify compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Obtain and prepare information for external auditors
- Identify unusual transactions, applying working knowledge of US GAAP, and elevate issues identified in a timely manner.
- Support and maintain a strong SOX compliant structure and identify areas of improvement for control processes.
- Record and maintain updated desktop procedures.
- Assist with re-engineering of the general ledger to facilitate a more stream-lined close (currently several legacy GLs have to legacy systems resulting from acquisitions).
- Assist with the development of new reports to enhance the understandability and transparency of financial results.
- 3 - 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Big 4 audit experience a plus
- Service or manufacturing experience a plus
- Fluency in US GAAP accounting and internal controls (SOX).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, including V-lookup and Pivot tables
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to new requests while handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- International company and foreign currency experience a plus
- Public company and/or private equity experience a plus
- Prior experience using an ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Experience in shared service environment highly preferred
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing corporation with high visibility to the Executive Team.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply online