- Assist in supporting the Sales Team, and Accounting Management teams in research, troubleshooting, and resolving business unit related issues.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Utilize accounting based knowledge and advanced Excel skills to assist in effectively communicating accounting and financial data for decisions and reporting.
- Own critical aspects of the monthly accounting activities as well as financial reporting processes.
- Communicate with Business Unit customers regarding billings, billing discrepancies, including providing customers with supporting and reconciling documentation related to customer inquiries.
- Complete any required Business Unit related journal entries. This may include accruals for month end fees, billing corrections and other misc. items.
- Preparing and updating balance sheet reconciliations, including appropriate identification and resolution of any reconciling items.
- Assist in the review and preparation of monthly financial flux analysis and reporting.
- Ability to compose concise, simplified written descriptions of accounting, finance and customer issues, supported by detailed analysis and the ability to effectively communicate the subject matter to the customer, team, and management.
- Develop a solid understanding of the business and customer needs.
- The ability to act proactively when it comes to analyzing accounting/financial data and relevant customer issues.
- Ability to make recommendations to both team and management based on financial analytics, documentation review or process review.
- Support accounting team with reporting, documentation and review for audit requests.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and eager to learn other software applications.
- Ability to provide fact-based recommendations across various levels of management.
- SAP/BI experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical, accounting and analytical skills, with demonstrated critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions.
- Has demonstrated ability of continuous improvement in previous roles.
- High level of accountability. A self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Has the ability and willingness to work in high functioning dynamic team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task, and work in an organized, detailed manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate results, document processes, and share ideas.
- Ability to lead a team and projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (accounting or finance).
- Active pursuit of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (preferred but not required).
- 3-5 years of relevant account/finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong general accounting skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP or other large ERP system preferred.
- Experience working cross functionally with other business teams is required.
- Based in Tampa corporate office with minimal travel requirements.