Senior Accountant - Top Company with excellent benefits!
Performs complex accounting and reporting functions requiring minimal direction. Utilizes industry specific accounting and reporting principles and techniques, advanced computer skills and a profound understanding of the business unit’s products, work flows and administrative systems.
- Maintain and prepare balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations, including cash, suspense, reinsurance, retained assets, and fixed assets.
- Verifies accuracy of journal entries, account balances and accounting classifications
- Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect accounts to ensure proper reporting of financial data
- Develop, monitor and comply with internal controls over various processes (SOX compliance).
- Assist in the implementation of reconciliation tool and general ledger
- Assist and train other accountants in research of issues that require advanced accounting or system knowledge
- Analyze statistics and make recommendations for improvements to work flow and system
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis related to various balance sheet and income statement account
- Support compliance requests relating to internal and external audits, state reporting, and Schedule T
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Monitor offshore team performance and metrics
- Project work as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
Click here to apply online
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 5+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience with Oracle and/or Workday software is a plus
- Proficiency in software applications, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Blackline or other reconciliation tool experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task and deadline driven environment, to work independently and effectively in team environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.