Our client is looking to add talent to a team made up of motivated, purpose-driven, high-performing individuals who are passionate about the people, mission, and results delivered by the company. This Senior Accountant will report to the Financial Operations Manager and will be responsible for leading and supporting all accounting functions within the team. The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment is essential.
Financial Operations Team Leadership:
- Oversee two Staff Accountants, working closely with the Financial Operations Manager on performance and other personnel-related items.
- Monitor team performance, review the work of the two Staff Accountants, identify training opportunities, and provide coaching and feedback to improve performance.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders such as the Corporate Accounting and IT teams.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Controller. Support ongoing corporate accounting functions such as billing and commissions.
- Play a leading role within Finance & Accounting, driving process improvements and settling for nothing less than repeatable, scalable reconciliations and other accounting procedures.
- Foster and maintain a culture of ownership, accountability, and compliance within the Financial Operations team.
- Demonstrate total transparency and maintain high standards of integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or another Finance-related field required.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience as an Accountant in a small to mid-sized organization.
- Experience with IRS compliance and other tax filings required.
- Experience performing reconciliations and driving resolution of reconciling items required.
- Team leadership experience with at least one direct report is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, communication, and evaluation skills.
- Experience with taking a hands-on, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Experience interacting with senior management preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and the banking system.
- Superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel and the willingness to learn new systems as required. .
- Familiarity with Great Plains preferred