Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant at their Atlanta location. As the Senior Accountant, you will provide a wide range of services to your clients and often act as an internal consultant or as a Project Manager for financial and accounting projects. Specific accountabilities include:
- Analyzing and explaining productivity and expense variances
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Identifying errors in service orders and making appropriate correcting journal entries
- Calculating and posting WIP for services
- Monitoring machine projects for budgeted vs. actual margin and explaining variances
- Holding monthly P&L review meetings with department managers
- Running reports in SAP and providing and inputting any missing data
- Monitoring and reporting internal warranty costs
- Coordinating annual and quarterly collection of information for timely tax return preparation
- Preparing deferred tax calculations
- Preparing monthly installation cost tracking spreadsheet
- Preparing internal and external service sales orders for billing
- Ensuring proper revenue recognition for machine contracts
- Preparing for SAP technical closes by correcting settlement rules on work orders
- Preparing special project cost-tracking spreadsheets as needed
- Ensuring high quality and timely economic and financial information reporting to upper management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a manufacturing organizations recognized for developing high-quality Finance/Accounting professionals.
- In-depth knowledge of financial/operational controls and financial statement analysis and preparation.
- Strong Cost Accounting experience and the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Experience working with IFRS accounting standards and U.S.-based accounting standards.
- A high level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with SAP.
- CPA (or CMA) and/or MBA/MS are strongly preferred
ind123Click here to apply online