Senior - Financial Reporting
This role is responsible for supporting an accurate and timely month-end close process, preparing stand-alone and consolidated financial statements, schedules and related analysis, and assisting with quarterly and annual external reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Strong accounting, financial reporting and analytical skills are critical, as this position will be assisting in the preparation of various financial reports and analysis for executive management, as well as in the preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis, consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures included in the Company’s Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting, this role requires a collaborative cross-functional effort to drive month end close efficiencies, accounting system consolidation and is expected to help lead key projects. Due to the breadth of our work and growth initiatives, cross-functional collaboration, partnership and communication are highly valued. Ideally, this person has demonstrated prior experience in a similar role or has public accounting experience auditing such functions. This person will work in a lean and results oriented environment.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Support accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end close to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Consolidate financial information for all business units and prepare monthly financial statements and schedules.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, income statement and cash flow analytics for management through collaboration with the Accounting and Finance teams.
- Prepare monthly corporate overhead allocations; ensure intercompany balances and activity are properly eliminated.
- Assist in coordinating the quarterly reviews and annual audit with the external auditors, ensuring requested items and follow-up requests are addressed properly and timely.
- Maintain Company-wide accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and control testing.
- Participate in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, including preparation of consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Assist with technical accounting research, analysis and documentation for significant accounting matters.
- Prepare ad hoc financial statements and schedules as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 – 5 years of progressive experience in financial reporting and accounting. An equivalent amount of progressive experience in public accounting would also be acceptable.
- Experience with SEC Filings and technical accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
Click here to apply online
- Work effectively in a team environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and set priorities.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient at Office, and advanced Excel skills.
- Able to operate effectively even when information may be incomplete or limited.
- Ability to work well with others and understand business processes.
- Ability to improve upon existing processes and procedures and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated.