Senior Accountant / Financial Analyst - Denver, Colorado
The Sr. Financial Analyst performs a wide range analysis, reporting, budgeting, and long-range planning activities. In addition, the Sr. Analyst supports and leads many aspects of the BU rate case process, preparing analyses and responses for regulatory agencies and commissions to support rate increase filings.
Monthly Management Reporting and Analysis
- Consolidate financial information across the BU, research variances with field management to develop explanations.
- Analyze actual vs. budget/forecast variances to provide explanations to BU FP&A Manager supporting decision making.
- Works with all functional areas to receive and effectively communicate financial results to support operations.
- Budget and forecast specific components of the income statement and capital portfolio, as directed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Help consolidate overall budget and forecast information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Support Regulatory Process
- With support and direction of FP&A Manager, file rate cases in accordance with long range financial planning model.
- Lead rate case process, organizing and responding to data and discovery requests as appropriate.
- As directed, prepare written and verbal testimony to support rate cases, adoption of best practices and other financial and regulatory issues.
- Testify in regulatory proceedings before state regulatory agencies and/or commissions, as needed.
- Ensure that annual financial and/or other related reports are filed with rate regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and analyze financial rate and revenue requirement filings and other filings related to regulatory requirements for BU.
- Prepares commission-ordered adjustments.
- Follows all required steps to close rate case.
Long Range Financial Planning and Modeling
- Maintains and updates long range financial planning models in the Adaptive Insights system
- Identify gaps between allowed returns and achieved returns.
- Support business analysis including, appropriate valuations regarding individual company acquisitions and divestments.
- Uses internal databases and other tools to support qualitative and quantitative analyses and metrics for state operations.
- Assists Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in creating annual budget and quarterly forecasting process.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Conducts special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
MBA with an Accounting or Finance Concentration is a plus
Certifications/LicensesClick here to apply online