Part-time Senior Accountant
Another amazing job opportunity through Recruitment Partners! Our Edmonton client is looking for a part-time Senior Accountant to effectively support the Controller in key areas of financial responsibility.
The candidate would be responsible for handling combined transactional, compilation and analytical skill sets to comply with internal and external policies, standards and legislation, in a fast-paced not-for-profit environment.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Assist the Controller on month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including related journal entries and analytical review
- Process monthly rent roll and post related receipts, credits and adjustments
- Prepare and perform reviews of external funding agency reports, tables, and related financial statements
- Provide updates, process and enter payroll cycles complete with related journal entries
- Liaise with the benefit provider and prepare necessary forms such as: enrollments, benefit payments and related journal entries
- Ensure annual operating and capital budget compilation and update into corporate financial system
- Complete quarterly GST returns
- Prepare bank reconciliations and liaise with property managers’ and banking representatives to resolve discrepancies
- Update monthly fixed asset continuity schedule and record entries for acquisitions, disposals and retirements
- Update monthly long-term debt continuity schedule and accrued interest reconciliations
- Participate in the annual audit and liaise with the external auditor
- Maintain compliance with all internal financial accounting policies and external Public Sector Accounting Standards as prescribed by the Public Sector Accounting Board
Your strengths include:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) or working towards one
- Degree in Business, Commerce or similar
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting firm considered an asset
- Experience working for a non-profit organization is a must
- Strong knowledge of Sage 300 considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of financial audits, preparing and supporting financial working papers and account reconciliations
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ensure confidentiality when it comes to sensitive information
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!