Senior Accountant - Manufacturing
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager. This role includes day-to-day ownership of integral Accounting and Finance responsibilities, and extends to encompass development of process improvements, establishment and maintenance of internal controls, and development of improved efficiencies through automation. The Senior Accountant will be empowered to have ownership of the processes for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine Balance Sheet and Income Statement analyses to ensure proper internal reporting and adherence to GAAP
- Preparation of financial statements
- Ad-hoc analyses
- Routine daily transactions involving accounts payable, cash disbursements, inventory, etc
- Calculation of accruals and other accounting estimates
- Reconciliations between General Ledger and subledger or other form of substantiation
- Participation in forecasting and budgeting processes
- Journal entry compilation and input
- Assessment and maintenance of internal controls
- Contribution to the annual audit process, including procurement of information to satisfy audit requests
- Development of processes and procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Accounting for any acquisitions or divestitures
- Participation in physical inventory counts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual’s disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 3+ years of experience as a General Ledger (Staff/Sr) Accountant, preferably at a large Manufacturing/Distribution company. Public Accounting background a plus.
- Experience booking journal entries and strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Experience with financial statement review and analysis, or analytics software and tools preferred.
- Experience with Epicor P21, or other similar ERP system preferred.
Click here to apply online