Critical role for one of the most rapidly-growing companies in the Tampa Bay area! Great exposure to senior management and a lot of room for career advancement. Position also offers a potential 10 - 15% annual bonus.
The Senior Accountant - Finanacial Reporting role supports the external financial reporting process through the preparation of financial statements and related supporting documentation. Collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance with company’s accounting policies. Assists external auditors and special projects as needed.
Essential Functions May include the Following:
• Participate in the accurate and timely preparation of all external financial reporting documents including SEC annual, quarterly and current filings which includes the information gathering process. Responsible for portions of the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A.
• Preparation of the XBRL quarterly and annual SEC filings in accordance with the SEC requirements by rolling forward the XBRL template, updating with current financial information, tagging the SEC filing document, and reviewing the instance document for consistency with the SEC filing rules.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual standalone financial statements for subsidiaries.
• Assist in accounting support of Investor Reporting including earnings releases and conference calls with investors and analysts.
• Assist the Treasury group with various lender and/or rating agency requests.
• Prepare reporting for governmental entities, as required, on an annual, quarterly, or monthly basis.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive workpapers supporting all external financial reporting.
• Perform tie-outs to source documents. • Work on other special projects as requested.
Position Requirements, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
• Requires a 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• Requires 3-5 years of financial reporting experience with SEC registrants. Public accounting experience preferred.
• CPA candidate preferred
• Sound GAAP knowledge and background with SEC filings including experience creating SEC supporting documentation
• Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and turnaround requests in a high-pressure, time-constrained situation
• Self-starter with strong attention to detail (the importance of which cannot be over-emphasized)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills – particularly Excel