Our client is located in Pasco County, and offers a tremendous opportunity for the career minded individual who is interested in working with an outstanding team.
The Senior External Reporting Accountant position will have direct responsibility for all aspects of the Company's external reporting process with the SEC and other governmental bodies, including but not limited to the 10K, 10Q, 8K and 11K filings as well as earnings releases. This role will work closely with other stakeholders and functions within the enterprise as well as third-party specialists to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial disclosures. This role will assist with more technical accounting matters such as stock-based compensation and EPS. In addition, this role will perform technical accounting research and prepare position papers on one-off technical issues affecting the Company.
• SEC Reporting - responsible for all external filings including preparation, tie-out validation procedures and XBRL management.
• General ledger accounting for stock-based compensation including budget/forecast.
• Technical accounting research/documentation on an ad hoc basis for matters and/or disclosure changes impacting the business.
• Manage global lease software to ensure all leases are appropriately identified and reported.
• Adhere to and maintain a strict environment of internal controls to ensure processes and procedures are followed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the Company's external reporting filings, including but not limited to the preparation and filing SEC requirements and other regulatory and governmental filing requirements on a regular basis.
• Solicit, analyze and maintain supporting documentation for disclosures incorporated in external reporting documents.
• Assist with facilitating the audit process and ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
• Perform tie-out validation procedures and maintain supporting documentation on other externally released financial information including but not limited to annual proxy, investor presentations, earnings releases, etc.
• Perform XBRL tagging procedures, facilitate review of tag selections and tie-out all filings to support the appropriate tagging application. In addition, monitor and update tags for newly authorized taxonomies.
• Responsible for preparing and maintaining stock-based compensation files for computing expense as well as the disclosure support necessary for external reporting documents. Prepare budget/forecast for stock compensation expense.
• Prepare quarterly/annual calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share as well as budget/forecast weighted average share expectations.
• Prepare schedules and documentation to support the internal SOX controls and business process audits.
• Maintain global lease software including accurate inputs and review of outputs for disclosure.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; with a minimum of four years of Accounting/Finance experience is required. Public Accounting experience highly preferred.
• CPA (US) is required.
• SEC reporting and technical accounting experience is required.
• Solid functional understanding of US GAAP.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
• Strong organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
• Must be highly detail oriented.
• Familiar and able to work with Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Must have proficient Excel experience.