The Senior Accountant position will focus on internal/external reporting and reconciliation duties performed at Corporate and Field Offices.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Conduct/Review monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Coordinate and support internal and external audits and assist Business Unit Controller/Assistant Controller with them.
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance.
- Assist in Fixed Assets spending vs Budget, recording depreciation, roll-forward of fixed assets and related property tax filings.
- Assist in Operating Lease recording and reconciliations.
- Coordinate business license filings
- Understands and prepares journal entries for all accruals and general accounting.
- Assist in drafting company SEC Filings
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in Accounting & CPA required (Master’s a plus)
- 3-5+ years’ experience in corporate and/or public accounting (Big4 preferred) at a professional level
- SEC reporting experience strongly preferred
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a challenging team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently interact with senior leadership