The Senior Accountant, Compliance position is based in Tampa and is responsible for compliance matters, including working with internal and external auditors, and compliance with internal controls. This position requires strong technical accounting and analytic skills as well as in-depth knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP, and a strong working knowledge of SOX requirements and controls. This position works closely with others in accounting, finance, operations, procurement and FP&A, as well as external contacts such as auditors. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Partner and collaborate with a global team to complete the company’s SOX implementation strategy
- Develop timelines and project manage the implementation of SOX controls including onboarding the business onto the GRC tool
- Perform controls assessments to identify gaps between the current internal control structure and the desired company SOX framework
- Work cross-functionally to assess design and operating effectiveness of current controls as well as design and implement new controls
- Maintain the internal control matrix and process flowcharts for the company
- Develop a monitoring process for all SOX controls to ensure the company satisfies SOX requirements for documentation, performance and testing of controls.
- Collaborate with IT group to ensure ITGCs and System controls are identified and effective to be SOX compliant
- Review and approve Segregation of Duties (SOD) risk assessment reports and perform the annual SOD review
- Coordinate enterprise-wide risk assessment for North America
- Assist in managing the external audit, including routine status meetings with the auditors, preparation of audit schedules, annual updates to process narratives and control matrix, attending process walk-through meetings, managing large data extractions using ACL or other similar tools, validating any audit exception findings and ensuring all schedules and supporting documentation that are provided from the organization are submitted on a timely basis and of good quality
- Liaise with internal auditors for all internal audit reviews and coordinate obtaining necessary documentation of controls
- Evaluate control environment of acquired entities, draft process narratives and assist in implementing new controls as necessary
- Identify and implement business process improvement opportunities within the department
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting plus three (3) years of relevant work experience in public accounting or industry.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills
- Technical expertise in IFRS and US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of SOX controls and compliance; experience implementing SOX strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience retrieving and working with data
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, results-oriented
- Able to work under deadline pressures
- Organized and detail-oriented, adaptable to change
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Based in Tampa, FL with limited travel requirements