endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Senior / Principal Power Electronics Engineer.
***Must have experience with power electronics***
This position is responsible for the specifications and integration of the power electronics unit within hybrid modules and e-axles. The Engineer will also handle related design and controls tasks such as motor control hardware and algorithm design and simulation. This includes communicating requirements in coordination with the program managers, development engineers, design engineers and purchasing. It also includes a close working relationship with external customers and suppliers. The Engineer will also work closely with others within the eMobility group to teach and share knowledge with the goal of advancing the group as a whole.
The Engineer Senior – E-Motor Power Electronics will work closely with the design and development groups within product development as well as engineers in other departments. This includes Design, Development, Testing, Sales, Program Management and Production. The E-Motor Power Electronics Engineer will also at times interact with customers and engineers from other facilities. This may involve travel of approximately 5% of the time.
With around 92,000 employees worldwide and approximately 170 locations in more than 50 countries we are one of the world's largest technology companies in the world.
The consumption and emissions targets of the future can only be fully met through electrification of the drive train. As a result, we offer products across the full bandwidth of electrification options - from 48-volt hybrids and plug-in hybrids to drives for purely electric vehicles. This broad spectrum of knowledge makes us expert partner to the various markets and customers it serves - such as with components and systems for hybrid modules, entry-level hybridization, electric axle drives, and electric wheel hub drives.
- Advanced understanding of power electronics hardware and motor control algorithms
- Knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its application
- Understanding of various types of electric machines
- Base understanding of hybrid drive concepts
- Knowledge of wide band gap devices
- Experience in programming and development in
- Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python, etc.
- Experience in PCB design
- Knowledge of CAN communication
- Working level understanding of functional safety
- Knowledge of the Product Development Process
- Microsoft Office
- Communication ability (written & verbal)
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assertive approach to solving problems
- Ability to prioritize, make recommendations and
- present results
- Organizational: Flexible, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, detail oriented.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
- 10+ years of automotive traction motor or power electronics experience
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D01