Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for Semi Skilled Fitter.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 37 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To assemble sheet metal and machined components to customer specifications, following SOP’s, basic engineering drawings and specifications output to the required quality and cost.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Awards
- Free parking
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures
- To adhere to company PPE policy
- To report any HSE concerns through the SQDCP process
- To ensure all waste(s) are disposed of safely and correctly
- Production Output
- To follow production output metrics through the use of SQDCP board and processes
- To deliver agreed output targets in line with work to lists and PACE boards reporting any failings through the use of the SQDCP process
- The job requires the job holder to perform assembly operations on components in line with the training matrix
- The job requires the job holder to interpret simple engineering drawings and specification sheets or follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) where provided
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring the tools used for preparation and assembly are of sufficient quality to assemble to customer specification reporting any that are not prior to use
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring the job card is signed and stamped for prior operations before any assembly work can be started
- The job holder is responsible for cleaning and ensuring part is of an acceptable standard before submitting to Inspection
- The job holder is responsible for the completion of all aspects of related operational documentation
- To ensure the parts produced are in line with drawing and specification requirements reporting any that are not through the use of the NCR process
- To ensure that all supporting documentation is maintained and used where provided to ensure the correct assembly of parts e.g. Visual Aids, Standard Operating Procedures, Drawings, Specifications
- Support the MRB process through attendance and participation of A3 problem solving activities
- To ensure all equipment that is calibrated is in date prior to use and reporting any that are not through the SQDCP process
- To ensure the mixing and use of sealants in line with any traceability requirements, storage requirements and use by datesPeople
- To participate in TTT’s where objectives are to improve utilisation
- To train and coach others in approved processes in line with the training matrix
- Continuous Improvement
- Participate in CI / Lean events within production environment
- Be active in identifying improvements within the assembly processes
- To ensure the work area complies to the company wide 6S standards
- Be active in identifying 6S improvements
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- The job requires a basic level of education.
- The job requires the job holder to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a relevant engineering discipline. Aerospace experience is preferred but not essential.
- The job requires the job holder to be able to interpret simple engineering drawings and identify and use the appropriate tooling to assemble parts to customer specification. Further training will be provided in the role.
- The job requires basic IT skills however some basic guidance will be provided where required.
- The job requires a high degree of attention to detail; assessing parts you have produced to ensure they conform to specification.
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Works on initiative
- Team player
- Requires little supervision
- Proactive approach to work
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team! Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter Semi Skilled Fitter