Security Systems Specialist
As a Systems Specialist, you’ll be an integral part of the CEC team. We help customers run their organizations better through the technology solutions we provide—and you can be part of this essential mission. Our technicians work on the front lines to bring customers’ technology visions to life. Every day is different, challenging, and rewarding.
CEC is a great place to accelerate your career. Here are just some of the things we offer:
- Advancement opportunity- Our systems technicians often go on to become, master technicians, and engineers.
- Professional growth- We believe in investing in our employees so they can take exceptional care of our clients. We also offer a lucrative bonus program tied to continuous learning and training.
- Employee focused- We prioritize work/life balance and offer competitive compensation, health benefits, and paid time off so you can put family first.
Help CEC’s wide variety of customers deploy technology to meet their safety, collaboration, and communication goals. Support the CEC Team in designing, implementing, and servicing technology solutions to address customers’ specific business needs while also aligning with the company’s overall strategic direction.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to support the installation, programming, and training of CEC-provided solutions.
- Build strong customer relationships and maintain excellent customer communication, address customer questions and concerns.
- Define problems, collect, data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Support CEC’s Engineering group regarding customer-supported system.
- Install, program, test, and train customers on CEC-provided systems.
- Work in conjunction with other technicians to increase knowledge about technology systems.
- Ensure high-quality workmanship that aligns with CEC’s quality program.
- Travel to customer locations to provide technical expertise.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Comply with CEC’s safety program.
- Complete service tickets as assigned as part of CEC’s 24/7 on-call service rotation.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- The Systems Specialist II leads project team while they are working on assigned projects.
- 5+ years of technology experience within CEC or similar company.
- 1+ years of leadership experience within CEC or similar company
- EST3 Certification
- 2 Industry certifications (i.e., NICET, Bicsi, CTS, etc.) (preferred)
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment) and working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- The employee is required to be able to climb ladders up to 12 feet high or be in a lift to extended heights.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively speak and understand English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 50lbs.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities are also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply