TotalKare of America, Inc. is a leading healthcare security systems integrator located in Syracuse, New York. Our core competency for almost 30 years has been the design, integration, implementation and maintenance of electronic security systems in nursing homes, hospitals, independent living and assisted living facilities throughout the Northeast. Systems include infant and wander protection, emergency response, fall detection, nurse call, access control, CCTV and other customized solutions. We are a family owned business and an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking career minded individual with a strong work ethic and dedication to serve our customer base. Most work will be performed in a healthcare setting among nursing staff, patients and residents requiring discretion, professionalism and a respectful attitude at all times. This position requires travel Monday through Friday with overnight stays required, as we cover all of New York State and part of New England and New Jersey. If you do NOT have the ability to travel, please do not respond to this ad.
Responsibilities/Duties and Expectations:
- Install equipment as directed by the Project Manager. Includes running cable, mounting and testing equipment.
- Service and maintain existing system(s) to ensure that all assigned service calls are handled from start to finish in a timely manner.
- Prepare/update documentation such as wiring diagrams, floor plans and location functionality and forward them to the Project Manager and office.
- Communicate with customers regarding ETA and status at all times.
- Communicate with dispatch regarding status, progress and resolution of assigned service calls.
Qualified Candidate “Must-Haves”:
- Low voltage circuitry and testing experience.
- Computer hardware, software & network skills (Including but not limited to MS Windows).
- Ability to handle and properly use common power and hand tools (own tools required).
- Ability to install cable (including fire-stop, terminate, test, troubleshoot, label and document test results).
- Commitment to maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Valid driver’s license with no infractions.
- Ability to carry heavy loads and climb ladders.
- Willingness to work in tight, confined areas (ceiling etc.).
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Commitment to excellence and quality work.
- Good communication and organization skills.
Desired but NOT required Qualifications:
- Individuals with construction knowledge and/or running of low voltage wire in existing and new locations.
- Working knowledge of various types of security/video systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply blueprints, plans, CAD drawings, and specs.
- Ability to program access control systems and program changes to monitored systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- 401K plan
- Health and dental plan
- Paid Time Off
- Overtime pay
- Reimbursable Expenses
If you have any further questions, please contact Kimberly Anken at TotalKare Staffing Solutions at (315) 671-4442 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!