APN Staffing is hiring NOW for several Scientist positions for our client the State of Tennessee. Positions are full-time, temporary with office hours of (8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday). Starting pay is $34.37 an hour!
Under immediate supervision, is responsible for routine laboratory work of moderate difficulty as it relates to microbiological and molecular testing; and performs other tasks as required. Duties may include first level troubleshooting, guidance to entry level staff and work of moderate difficulty.
· Perform analytical methods of moderate to high complexity as outlined by testing section.
· Prioritize and organizes tasks to complete them in an assigned timeframe.
· Monitor test processes for adherence to quality control standards by comparing test results to known standards such as using positive and negative controls and acceptable appearance of diagnostic product.
· Monitor test equipment for proper functioning such as monitoring temperature, detecting malfunction alarms and recognizing incorrectly processed samples.
· Prepare various types of specimens for examination by various diagnostic techniques.
· Prepare and checks specimens, solutions, reagents and other materials necessary for conducting tests.
· Communicate status of assigned tasks or other relevant information to supervisors or peers by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
· Use computers and laboratory information systems to process and access information, data, and control.
· Document, enter, transcribe, record, stores, and maintains information in written and electronic form using notebooks, file copies, computer software, etc.
· Identify and initiate situations or circumstances with reagents and equipment for the purpose of troubleshooting.
· Review information from manuals, work instructions, flowcharts, and other reference sources to accurately analyze and report test results.
· Use relevant or appropriate guidelines to determine whether test results are acceptable based on laboratory established policies and procedures.
· Monitor reagents and consumables to ensure an adequate supply for testing needs. Rotates stock to minimize waste and expiration.
· Perform preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment used in assigned area according to standard operating procedure.
· Follow standard operating procedures, maintains situational awareness and proficiency with biological and chemical hazards.
16 hours of Biology, 16 hours Chemistry, 3 hours Pre-Science Math, and 12 hours of Specific Biology that must include microbiology and any of the following: Immunology, Virology, Parasitology, Mycology, Molecular Biology, Sequencing, informatics, or Genetics
To learn more, please contact Nick Mazur at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890, ext. 110.