Be the champion for biocontrol in the Ontario marketplace!
Our client is an established Canadian, rapidly-growing leader in IPM biological control. The company specializes in the production, sale and distribution of beneficial insects, mites and nematodes and bio-insecticides. With the collaboration of their customers and partners, their goal is to reduce the use of synthetic insecticides in the environment, locally and globally. They offer proven ecological and innovative solutions to control insects and mites that damage horticultural, greenhouse and agricultural crops in greenhouses and fields.
With domestic production capacity, they have a distinct advantage in the marketplace and deliver extra value to their customers by providing fresh, highly viable, high quality and highly effective biocontrol products and excellent customer service.
They currently seek to add a Sales and Technical Support Representative for Ontario to their team.
This professional, autonomous, enthusiastic person with relevant experience in the field of integrated pest management (IPM) will be responsible for promoting and selling the company's products, providing customer service, and for providing technical support to Ontario greenhouse and field crop growers.
In this unique, diversified role, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and conduct grower visits to promote the product portfolio, identify grower problems and needs, screen and identify pest issues, and provide control solutions
- Secure new business and process orders, achieving sales and margin objectives
- Provide after-sales follow-up and customer service
- Provide technical support to customers’ biocontrol programs
- Respond to customer inquires and questions regarding product use, availability, pricing, performance issues etc.
- Participate in industry exhibitions, conferences, and trade shows
- Participate in the management of the company, producing sales and management reports
- Communicate with production department to plan quantity and ensure quality
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create collateral promotional and technical materials- product tech and spec sheets, usage directions, web content, FAQs etc.
As an ideal candidate for this full-time, permanent opportunity, your qualifications and experience will include:
- Agricultural diploma or bachelor’s degree in agronomy or biology
- An interest in and knowledge of plant production, organic farming, and biological control
- 5+ years of experience in territory management/sales to greenhouse and/or field crop growers
- Demonstrated experience in integrated pest management (IPM) product and services sales and technical support
- Fluent in English; oral and written, knowledge of the French language is ideal but not required
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to travel throughout the province
- Strong skills in prospecting, market development, sales and forging lasting customer relationships
- Strong negotiating, communication and influencing skills
- Orientation to working autonomously, efficiently prioritizing, organizing, and managing time and activities, and to achieving results
- Strong ability to learn and communicate technical information and concepts
Our client offers a competitive compensation package reflecting experience and qualifications, consisting of base salary, incentive opportunity, mileage allowance, expense reimbursement and more.
If this sounds like the kind of immediate opportunity on which you personally might like more information, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file, today! email@example.com
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted for further discussion.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online