Demonstrate your sales management expertise in this exciting position with a market leader!
Our client is an established Canadian privately owned, family operated company in the animal nutrition industry. With a long presence in the marketplace, they have a solid market position and are a respected brand in the industry- enjoying a high customer retention rate, they are known for quality products and excellent customer service. Large enough to meet industry needs, they are agile enough to quickly make quality decisions that benefit their customers, their staff, and the company.
The ownership group is progressive, and focused on growth, longevity, and the success of the company. They believe in working with their customers to develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships and offer value, commitment, and innovation. Their goal is to produce specialized, high-quality products that meet the nutritional needs of multiple species of animals and support optimal health and growth. As a wholesale manufacturer, not a retail manufacturer, they offer diverse product lines to the industry.
They seek a dynamic, experienced, and sales-motivated professional to join their team as a Sales & Marketing Manager for their Canadian sales team. In this key senior role, you will be responsible for growing, tracking, and driving sales through their East and West sales reps as well as coordinate and develop multiple tier marketing initiatives for both print, on-line and in person media opportunities.
Working as a Direct report to the General Manager, you will:
- Lead, train, supervise and develop Customer Service and Sales staff to ensure successful implementation of goals.
- Plan, direct and implement the strategies of the Sales and Marketing department.
- Consistently evaluate weekly and monthly sales to provide knowledge and forecasts to the GM and other departments for production and purchasing planning.
- Track, evaluate and oversee the activities of the Sales team on a regular basis for coaching and improved sales.
- Establish distribution networks for products in developing markets.
- Assist in product development and direct and evaluate marketing strategies.
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments, and other organizations.
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that publicize activities and events on behalf of businesses, governments, and other organizations.
Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and long-term existing customers, approximately 20-40% of the time:
- Collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Teams; implementation of strategies within those territories to drive sales.
- Promoting and educating customers on the benefits of using branded and private-label products.
- Provide field support to assist distribution networks and their customers on-farm, with a focus on young ruminant health and nutrition, primarily in dairy.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot animal performance.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for trials and data collection within territories.
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts; generate sales reports each week and submit to executive management.
- Identify R&D opportunities and communicate market intelligence to the organization.
- Post-secondary education directly related to the agriculture/feed industry. A strong dairy/cattle background is preferred.
- Must have Canadian Agriculture or Animal Feed Sales experience; Minimum 5 years’ experience in an active sales role, with proven sales results.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to relate with producers, consultants, feed company salespeople and nutritionists.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing sales & business goals and meeting targets.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage a remote sales team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (outlook, excel, word, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Marketing and Print Ad software is an asset.
The position is preferably based out of Regina, SK. However, the position may be based elsewhere in the Western Prairie Provinces.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, variable opportunity, travel expenses, tools of the trade, benefits etc.
If this sounds like the kind of immediate opportunity on which you would like more information, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file, today! email@example.com Confidentiality is assured.
Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Click here to apply online
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!