Position - Sales Manager (Remote Work if needed).
This position will manage the sales of equipment identified as distressed inventory. This category of inventory includes (among others) older technology, refurbished equipment, and “as is” equipment. This position requires all aspects of sales management which includes meeting sales goals, forecasting, end user market and customer development, personal expense management, submitting required reports on time, maintaining updates to CRM system and all other aspects related to sales in this category. Additional responsibilities will be as assigned. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to market and sell aged product outside of traditional sales channel and markets. An extensive network to facilitate these objectives is a plus.
- Meet or exceed sales targets related to distressed inventory
- Develop new markets and customers for our distressed products
- Meet corporate profitability and expense budget goals
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting via CRM system
- Document activities and opportunities in CRM system
- Managing the depletion of distressed inventory levels by identifying the best opportunities to recover value (recycling, building out existing raw materials, etc.)
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Produce accurate forecasts for products on a monthly basis
- Manage personal expense budgets to control expenditures
- Manage the costs associated with conducting business including T&E, demo inventory and shipping expenses
- Manage pricing decisions within an approved range. Develop programs to facilitate sales while keeping abreast of best practices and promotion trends
- Assist with product allocation and logistics functions to meet deliveries of all requirements
- Collaborate with the primary sales functions to avoid conflict and “cannibalization” of primary sales.
Internal: Must interact with Customer Service, Territory Sales Managers, Marketing Team, PM Team, and Engineering Team. Must work to negotiate the proper support required internally to facilitate meeting the assigned objectives.
External:. Must have the skills to motivate existing customers and newly defined customers in possibly varied markets to buy products and develop strong relationships with the Company.
- Position will operate with very little daily management with an expectation of results. Must receive approval for pricing reductions greater than a pre-approved percentage
- Give details of the sources of instruction for the work you do. Consider both written and verbal
- Direct Manager
- Executive Team
- Product training via courses and Product Management team
EDUCATION & Experience:
On the job: 5 Years in Sales
Candidate must have an understanding of the significant companies within the audio-visual industry and the relationships that exist between them
- Historical perspective required of the evolution of the projection industry
- Must have ability to offer sound advice on products based on applications
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate throughout the organization, both up and down the chain of command
- Must be self-motivated to operate independently
- Ability to learn and utilize CRM and associated systems to build and extract required data to perform job.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Standing, Bending, Pushing/Pulling
- Light Lifting (up to 25 lbs.), Moderate (25-50 lbs.) to Heavy (50 lbs.+)
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Travel (ex. Noise Volume etc.)
- Reading and Writing
- Ability to Comprehend
- Sitting and using finger movements
- Communicating orally
- Handling objects (manual dexterity)
- Reason and analyze
- Perform calculations