This position is responsible for meeting sales goals by performing customer management, channel management, product presentations, successful negotiation, and effective sales planning to assist the company in meeting the corporate objectives for the Americas.
- Achieves the sales quota which is discussed and agreed between the incumbent and management.
- Forecasts sales, and conducts strategic planning to fuel revenue growth.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers, and to attend trade shows for business opportunities.
- Develops new business through introduction of the company and product positioning.
- Researches and compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads through information compiled from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trades shows, Internet Web sites, referrals and other sources.
- Prepares presentation materials for sales and marketing purposes.
- Calls on delinquent accounts and collects payments.
- Attends departmental sales meetings to discuss project status and prospective customers.
- Provides input to management on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs for the Americas.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key customers and partners.
- Maintains a customer record/profile on an on-going basis shared by other colleagues as needed.
- Seeks continuous improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by senior management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solutions.
- Maintains good communication with other managers, staff & outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering from four-year college or university; one or two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two to three years of experience in LED, lighting or similar industry.
- Two to three years of experience of distribution business in LED industry preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Frequent travel required both by air and car; may require travel outside of the U.S..