A leader in the conveyor belting and industrial supply market in the Southeast is looking to expand their customer base with the help of several experienced and highly motivated Outside Sales professionals. This company was established in 1923 with corporate offices and a manufacturing facility located in the Atlanta area. They also have three regional sales offices located in North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida. They currently have an opening for the Memphis, TN territory.
This position is responsible for generating leads and closing sales using proven relationship selling techniques concentrating on existing accounts, inactive accounts, and new prospects. All sales are business to business in nature.
There will be overnight travel involved in covering a territory of this size.
This individual will manage and maintain a customer database, build prospect lists from in-house files and outside data sources, and submit weekly call reports to sales management.
Education and Background Requirements
• 4-Year degree preferred but not mandatory.
• Prior belting sales experience or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Outside Sales of Industrial
• Basic computer literacy to enable generation of reports and communication by e-mail.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and engaging personality.
• The ability to organize a call route and maintain an active schedule of calls.
• The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, percentages, length and
• The ability to work around conveyors and heavy equipment, climb ladders etc. while measuring
This job is a salaried position and offers bonuses and the opportunity to go on commission (which offers a higher reward to the employee)! We offer competitive pay and benefits with the opportunity for bonus and incentives.
Salary, Commission, and Benefits Package included. Expenses paid (Mileage reimbursement, Meals, Lodging, Cell Phone, etc..).