Our client has been operating in the mobile industry within South Africa since 2004. They have created a vibrant, dynamic and service-orientated business. The team’s dedication to training and on-going improvement enables the company to provide a reliable service to customers and suppliers alike.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Contact centre’s various business units’ sales campaigns by delivering sales targets. Currently two campaigns to be managed with a total headcount of 70.
You will be responsible to develop and co-ordinate clear short, medium- and long-term strategies to ensure the successful management of the operations; improving systems and processes; and managing staff.
You will be accountable for the contact centre service level criteria and to ensure effective and efficient operations. To ensure on-going optimisation of systems, staff performance, workflows, workforce planning and employee engagement.
Reporting to the MD.
Benefits include medical insurance and 6% Company contribution of basic salary towards provident fund and risk benefit insurance.
Working hours from Mondays to Fridays, 08h00 to 17h00
Travel may be required from time to time
Start date - As soon as possible.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- At least 5 years Team Specialist/management experience
- At least 3 of which should be in the similar environment, ideally within the telecommunications industry
- Experience working in a call centre environment will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to see the bigger picture for every opportunity
- Ability to develop short medium- and long-term plans
- Ability to be flexible and agile to move with technology and find efficiencies
- Ability to manage more than one campaign or project at a time for periods from 6 months to 2 years
- Ability to develop business plans and execute on them within required time-frame
BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENTGovernance
- Cost effective allocation and use of the company resources
- Achieved financial targets for Business Unit and market growth strategies
- Adhered to scheduled and initiated necessary audits
- Proficiently directed co-ordinated plans and strategies through the management team
- Adhered to the Company core values
- Developed integrated strategies, plans and processes to ensure work processes are carried out effectively and efficiently and to optimize the business potential
- Assessed strategies to changing stakeholder demands and redirect efforts as necessary
- Managed the preservation of the Business Unit’s records and statistics
- Ability to manage and drive strategic relationships with suppliers and clients
- Continuously liaise with Company’s Senior and Executive Management and other Manager’s on Business strategy and operations
- Continuously monitor external business trends and challenges to align and develop Business Unit’s competencies and skills
- Audit current systems to determine their effectiveness and applicability
- Input of ideas for business direction and decision making
- Efficiently and proactively identify risks, threats, opportunities and areas of expansion within the Business Unit’s as well as implementation of new technologies
- Be accountable to complete HR/IR processes
- Developed contingency plans to ensure that performance targets are achieved even in adverse conditions
- Business advice to Management Team
- Monitored business best practices internally and externally to the Business Unit and motivate the implementation of appropriate practices across all functions
- Developed effective systems to communicate vision, strategy and plans on an ongoing basis to management and employees
- Efficiently managed health and safety standards
- Efficient appointment of managers and assigned or delegated responsibilities to them
- Lead decision making in the Business Unit team
- Clear, measurable objectives and goals communicated to team
- Manage synergy of operations and resources in the Business Unit
- Manage organisational processes and target for optimisation effectively
- Ensure accurate reports to show an accurate representation of the Business Unit’s performance
- Ensure consistency in terms of signed-off and approved protocols, procedures and requirements
- Ensure effective systems alignment to ensure control is in place to effectively access and distribute information throughout the Business Unit
- Ensure that systems and procedures used are competitive and understood by employees
- Financial and resource management of the Business Unit
- Regular meetings with management team to stimulate team work, identified and addressed gaps, empowered the team and celebrated achievements
- Analyse statistics and data to identify gaps and improve efficiencies
- Liaise with all role players such as own staff, clients, service providers, IT, Key Account Management, HR, Finance, etc.
- Identify potential leaders
Learning and Development (Staffing)
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Review, recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates
- Confer with board members, organisation officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems
- Analyse operations to evaluate performance and its staff in terms of meeting objectives and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change
- Direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and activities of organisations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximise returns on investments, and to increase productivity
Client and vendor Management
- Improve and build the management team’s skills by identifying training and development needs
- Keep up to date with trends related to the call centre industry in order to bring about on-going improvement and self-knowledge of management within a multiple generation staff compliment
- Position resources for future activities
- Allocation of resources within the Business Unit
- Monitor employee competencies against project and company requirements
- Alignment between employee and management goals
- Continuously encouraged training and mentoring activities to improve skills and competency levels
- Support the recruitment of the needed skills into the organisation to ensure required strategic competency levels
- Increase motivation and competencies of employees towards personal growth
- Adhere to succession plans in place
- Responsible for structuring the Business Unit
- Clear work expectations and goals communicated to the team as well as the impact of decisions on the business unit
- Encourage co-operation and teamwork
- Manage cultural diversity efficiently
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201678 subject heading or email body.Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
- Maximise the use of scarce resources
- Actively participated in networking forums
- Develop and maintain trusting and respectful relationship with clients
- Negotiate contracts needed to support the Business Unit and service level agreements
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.