========This is estimated job description ========
Position: Sales Manager for Ceramic Industry Division
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Sales Manager will be responsible for sales activity with Commercial Connector Group customers within the southwest region.
This will include sales channel management activity in the southwest region. The primary duties will be focused on the identification and acquisition of new business opportunities for the design in and sales of company products to suitable customers within the southwest region.
Secondarily, the strategic direction and management of Company sales representatives and distributors within the region in regards to target account identification, technical assistance and evaluation.
The individual will be involved in all aspects of managing target accounts. Extensive regional travel (mainly to San Jose) for customer visits will be necessary
- Primarily responsible for sales activities and results with primary customer focus accounts.
- Recognize new business opportunities by identifying and developing strategic initiatives based upon customer need, trends, markets and opportunities.
- Direct, manage and promote sales representative and distributor activity within the assigned region.
- Evaluate sales representative performance based on the seven sales representative performance measurement criteria.
- Review all sales and distributor activity on a continuous basis. Recommend and implement strategic actions.
- Update and maintain account manager for all assigned accounts
- Achieve growth goals while maintaining strategic initiatives.
- Create and implement strategic penetration plans that achieve booking and sales objectives.
- Plan and implement primary customer and target account sales activities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide forecasts for existing customers and projections for target accounts when needed.
- Provide support and assistance with all sales related matters
- Monitor competitive activity and provide feedback
- Effectively interface with marketing, engineering and IOD to achieve goals.
- Provide technical support within the region by interfacing between sales representatives and customers and Company Engineering dept.
- Represent Company when necessary at any relevant trade shows, associations or meetings.
- Maintain and update a current base of knowledge and sales material on all new and existing Company products.