Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has a great opportunity for a Sales Manager. We are looking for a customer focused, innovative, and motivated individual to develop, coordinate, and implement sales and marketing plans and strategies. The Sales Manager will be responsible to identify, prioritize and pursue machining business opportunities with all existing customers, as well as developing new customers and new markets to support business growth targets. While performing these functions, the individual is responsible for managing customer relationships. The pay range is $85 000 - $97 000, depending on experience.
- Secure orders from existing and potential new customers to maintain a healthy backlog.
- Secure new opportunities to quote on customer requirements.
- In identifying opportunities for NY and Kitchener, the individual will also identify opportunities for components or higher levels of assembly for other Magellan divisions
- Coordinate quoting activity at NY and Kitchener. Ensure proposal is responsive to the customer request, and corporate requirements are satisfied. Follow up on quotations submitted to customers.
- Work with Corporate Contracts personnel to review contracts for content and accuracy including price, legal, freight, and terms
- Manage all contract negotiations to conclusion
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality, management, other key personnel). Provide customer feedback to MAH organization.
- Develop an understanding of customer’s products and long-term business strategies, to position MAH to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Be well informed about current aerospace industry trends, competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Provide Sales and Marketing department support for backlog reporting, sales forecasting, budgets, marketing, communications, special projects and other tasks as required.
- Support accounts receivable as required to resolve invoice discrepancies and monitors customer payments.
- Facilitate cost recovery associated with purchase order changes due to material price changes, design changes, etc
- BS/BA/MBA degree in Engineering, Business or related fields preferred
- Minimum of five years Aerospace sales experience
- Must be able to identify new business opportunities through existing relationships with Procurement related functions (multiple levels preferred), at major structural airframe divisions of aerospace Tier 1 & OEM’s.
- Examples include Lockheed, Northrop, Safran, Collins, Liebherr, Spirit, Raytheon, Embraer, Bombardier, Bell Helicopter, Aernnova, Heroux Devtek, Latecoere, Ruag, AirbusNA, Embraer, Gulfstream, Triumph Aerostructures, Boeing
- Machining commodity is especially attractive.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & MS Project.
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals, and successfully close complex contract negotiations
- Contract Management experience and proven ability to manage client relationships effectively.
- Track record of driving measurable and meaningful business results.
- The ideal candidate would bring significant contacts with existing customers, including GE Aviation and other aerospace OEM’s, for machining commodities.
- This candidate would also be familiar enough with machining processes to identify real opportunities in other industries that would utilize our capabilities, or capabilities that we could develop or acquire.
- Be well informed about current aerospace industry trends, competition, competitive issues, and products, in order to identify real opportunities.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)