Demonstrate your sales management expertise in this exciting senior position with a growing market leader!
Our client is a leading distributor of specialty ingredients in the North American animal nutrition industry, supplying their customers with high-quality nutritional additives and ingredients for livestock and pet diets. For 5 decades they have used their technical expertise to help their customers create and deliver high-performance nutritional solutions across Canada and the US. They specialize in the global sourcing and supply of value-added products and create additional value for their customers through offering unique and creative solutions- all while delivering fantastic customer experiences.
Our client is growing. They seek to add a Sales Manager to their Canadian team, who will be responsible for managing the commercial business through sales development, profitability, volume growth, customer retention and development, focusing on feed additives and nutritional health solutions. The Sales Manager will develop and manage a sales team and maintain excellent business relations with internal and external partners and principals/suppliers.
What you will do- Reporting to the President, you will:
- Support, coach and lead a sales team of direct reports and ensure all assigned accounts are managed appropriately for sustainability and growth and to consistently meet and exceed customers’ expectations
- Hire, promote, and develop direct reports and provide effective leadership with ongoing communication, motivation, and development opportunities
- Collaborate with dairy, poultry, and swine commercial teams/nutritionists to develop and enhance sales strategies, products, and programs to maximize growth by up-selling and/or cross-selling to existing portfolio
- Lead the promotion of key products in the region at target customers
- Steer the team’s participation in new product introductions, training and development, joint sales calls, testing, and documentation
- Support relationships with key principal suppliers, and collaborate on profitable sales growth
What you offer- To be successful in this position, your career profile demonstrates:
- A solid reputation for being an effective team player and coach, with the ability and willingness to travel across Canada
- Minimum 10 years of previous experience in the dairy, poultry and/or swine feed industry, including minimum of 3 years of professional sales management experience, with demonstrated use of CRM and documentation of sales activity
- A degree in Animal Science or relevant field; Master’s Degree preferred, with technical understanding and application of ruminant and monogastric nutrition
- The ability to work remotely, preferably in Southwestern Ontario
- Bilingual (French and English) which is considered ideal, but not a firm requirement
Our client offers competitive compensation in addition to a positive and collaborative corporate culture. They believe in developing people as well as growing the business, and they make this philosophy a priority. Full details will be shared with applicants who demonstrate the required experience.
To apply for this position please click on 'APPLY' and follow the self-serve application process or email your resume to email@example.com Questions may be addressed to Mike at 1-866-519-2793.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists – Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996
Click here to apply online