Achieves established booking and margin goals within an assigned territory and market by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services that align with the customer’s needs.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Revenue Production: Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and referral based strategies for the K-12 Market.
- Market Planning: Provides sales planning for the market, territory, and/or technology in the assigned areas that is represented as provided by sales management. These plans will include activity and revenue targets with clear goal setting criteria.
- Targets strategic customers that best fit CEC.
- Balanced Technology project-based, and contract sales approach that meets goals.
- Strong customer relationships, personally and as a group. Understands customer’s business and leverages technologies to assist in optimization.
- Develop and submit comprehensive proposals based on individually or team assessed needs of potential clients
- Negotiation: Lead the overall process for setting an established price for the customer, and lead the process of working to a final agreed upon amount upon request from the customer.
- Value Selling: Using a consultative selling approach to properly qualify and align the needs of the customer with the value of CEC services.
- Image: Present the highest level of professionalism and passion through presentations, marketing material/events, quotes & proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in communications, marketing, business, or IT, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education. Plus one year working experience in a corporation, involved in multiple work functions and/or management environment within the communications industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.