Meet with customers assigned in your territory to pursue service agreements pertaining to life safety systems and other communication systems. Work with existing sales team to grow market and gain new customer to CEC.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Revenue Production: Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and referral-based strategies.
- Market Planning: Work with our marketing team for the market, territory, and/or technology in the assigned areas that is represented as provided by sales management. These plans will include activity and revenue targets with clear goal setting criteria.
- Individual Sales Planning: Work off? an individual sales plan that includes the following:
o Opportunity Management
o Accurate Sales Forecasting
o Activity Matrix (prospecting, customer appointments, demos)
o Pipeline Management
o Metrics Management (quoting, orders, margin goals, close rate)
o Targets strategic customers that best fit CEC.
o Strong customer relationships, personally and as a group. Understands customer’s business and leverages technologies to assist in optimization.
- Value Selling: Using a consultative selling approach to properly qualify and align the needs of the customer with the value of CEC services.\
- Relationship Building: Working hard at maintaining internal and external relationships for a strong work environment. Working as a team to solve problems and provide the best solutions for our customers.
- Training: Open to learning industry standards, CEC standards and willing to be involved in continuing education.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Sales experience
- Low voltage industry knowledge
- 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited higher education school in an applicable field
- Community involvement or volunteering experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results- orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Somelight lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching,grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.