- Providing conventionally framed building solutions, products, and services;
- Pursuing incremental, profitable growth into new markets;
- Enhancing the value of the brands and their builder networks; and
- Relentless commitment to continuous improvement as a high-performance, world-class organization.
The Sales Engineer provides the design and sales communication link between the company and the builders, and between the company and the brands. They develop preliminary structural designs, coordinate with internal and external suppliers, and complete professional proposals for both conventional and hybrid buildings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review building drawings and specifications to identify scope of work required for proposal.
- Develop plan for obtaining outside engineering resources if required, requesting/receiving outside supplier quotes, developing estimate and delivering proposal.
- Communicate with management and brand sales organization to develop sales strategy, define margin levels, promote BCSS, etc.-includes travel as required
- Communicate with customer to clarify their building requirements, confirm proposal delivery schedule, etc. .-includes travel as required
- Develop or manage preliminary structural design using both conventional steel and PEMB design tools. .-include proposal drawings and reactions as needed.