Location:
Home Office - USA

Salary Range:$120,000.00 - $140,000.00


Position Id:
19090

Position Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer for a national leading asset-light logistics provider focused on the final mile sector. Established for over 30 years, the company prides itself on creating successful delivery strategies for retail, healthcare, e-commerce, manufacturing, and distribution. Technology enabled delivery includes final mile, big & bulky, on-demand, and distribution cross dock. Core values include collaboration, service, accountability, adaptability, and strong customer service. Multiple models used to provide great service. Over 80 locations, 500 employees, 5,000 independent contractor drivers and backed by private equity.
The Sales Director – Courier & Final Mile will be a top performer on the high–end sales team. This person will work in the Life Sciences Transportation sector, with the focus of driving $5 million to $8 million in new business annually. This person will spend most of their time prospecting, hunting, and landing new business with the ability to go back to those customers in the future to cross sell other opportunities. This person must focus on contractional business, being customer facing, scheduling in person meetings, and be a chief point of contact for their customers. This person must be a subject matter expert for their clients, comfortable with technology, and have a competitive mindset to sell and close larger opportunities. Between regular business reviews, new client visits, and trade shows, this person will spend 25% of their time traveling, the other 75% working remotely. This person must ultimately increase revenues, optimize costs, and maximize profitability.

Background Required:
  • Transportation contractual business development (5+ years)
  • Courier sales
  • Demonstrated ability to build and grow business ($5-$7 million)
  • National account level sales experience
  • Develop and execute business plan strategies
  • Mastery of sales cycle
  • Computer literate (Office Suite, Power Point, Word, Excel)
  • Residence: Home Office - US
  • Travel: 25% to 50%
  • Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Background Preferred (but not required):
  • Portable book of business
  • Healthcare/Pharma
  • Pool Distribution
  • Relationships with potential clients (courier, pool distribution)
  • Transportation Management/Managed Transportation Sales
  • Six sigma green belt
  • Advanced Degree –MBA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
  • Excellent communications (verbal & written presentations)
  • Strong presentation skills
  • Customer focused.
  • Build cross functional relationships internally
  • Creativity to design and implement solutions for customers.
  • Team player

If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.

Contact:
Practice Director: Pete Punwani
Private Fleet & Final Mile

PPunwani@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.113

Click here to apply online