Sales Agronomist - Taber, Alberta
Do you seek agricultural opportunities in Southern Alberta?Our client is an Agribusiness retailer who has gone through multiple mergers and acquisitions over the past 10 years. They have now established their OWN, attractive, corporate culture with an on-farm focus to enhance crop production for producers in Western Canada. While they are dedicated to the study of agriculture and helping their producers get the highest yields for the crops they grow, they are dedicated to ensuring their staff have the support, training, and environment in which to succeed. When their staff are content, they can then continue to provide exceptional customer care.
Our client is seeking another Agronomist to join their team in Taber, Alberta. Regular duties will include researching new products, promoting services, recommending and selling crop inputs and seed, performing field scouting to identify weeds, disease and nutrition deficiencies, and regularly updating clients through one-on-one communication and grower meeting facilitation. Ultimately, you will become familiar with producer’s individual operation and needs to provide them with informed agronomic alternatives and suggestions for improved results.Your resume will be considered if you display:
What's in it for you?
- An agricultural background/knowledge of farm business; able to relate to farmers
- Preferred: A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Agriculture and / or a related Agribusiness Diploma / Training.
- CCA Accreditation would be an asset but can be taken internally
- On-farm, direct with producer, work experience (or retail experience with desire to get out of the office)
- Strong, demonstrated, sales skills
- Able to work independently or in a team setting
- Desire or willingness to reside in a rural community setting
- A Canadian Social Insurance Number
Further information regarding the client, position location, salary and other employee benefits will be provided to short-listed candidates only.
- An industry competitive salary (overtime eligible),
- Pension (matching)
- Benefits package (new, revised program as of January 1st)
- In-house training programs (CCA)
- Scheduled work during peak times (not on-call all the time)
- Managers that have autonomy at their branch
- A pro-active, on-farm focus
- Work/life integration
- Diverse organization
- Overtime can be banked or paid out
- Option of flex-time arrangements
- 15 days vacation in year 1!
Our client's focus is on where agriculture is heading in the next 5-10 years. If you have a passion for agriculture that includes soil science, and have a vision for change, our client will be the company where your skills can be utilized and developed.