Sales Agronomist - Rycroft, Alberta
Are you an agronomist that thrives in Northern Alberta's crop zone?Our client has established their OWN, attractive, corporate culture with an on-farm focus to enhance crop production for producers in Western Canada. They recognize that when their staff are content, they can then continue to provide exceptional customer care and are continually improving their internal culture to meet expectations.
As a Sales Agronomist, you will become familiar with producer’s individual operation and needs to provide them with informed agronomic alternatives and suggestions for improved results. Ultimately, your regular duties will include researching new products, promoting services, recommending and selling crop inputs and seed, performing field scouting to identify weeds, disease and nutrition deficiencies, and regularly updating clients through one-on-one communication and grower meeting facilitation. Your resume will be considered if you display:
What's in it for you?
- An agricultural background/knowledge of farm business; able to relate to farmers
- Preferred: A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Agriculture and / or a related Agribusiness Diploma / Training.
- CCA Accreditation would be an asset but can be taken internally
- On-farm, direct with producer, work experience (or retail experience with desire to get out of the office)
- Strong, demonstrated, sales skills
- Able to work independently or in a team setting
- Desire or willingness to reside in a rural community setting
- A Canadian Social Insurance Number
Further information regarding the client, position location, salary and other employee benefits will be provided to short-listed candidates only.
- An industry competitive salary (overtime eligible),
- Pension (matching)
- Benefits package (new, revised program as of January 1st)
- In-house training programs (CCA)
- Scheduled work during peak times (not on-call all the time)
- Managers that have autonomy at their branch
- A pro-active, on-farm focus
- Work/life integration
- Diverse organization
- Overtime can be banked or paid out
- Option of flex-time arrangements
- 15 days vacation in year 1!
Our client's focus is on where agriculture is heading in the next 5-10 years. If you have a passion for agriculture that includes soil science, and have a vision for change, our client will be the company where your skills can be utilized and developed.