Our client a high quality manufacturer of reusable packaging, is seeking an energetic, customer-focused and friendly B2B sales professional for our Midwest region. The Sales Manager prospects for new customers, grows and services existing accounts within the region and drives profitability through win-win packaging solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new mutually beneficial business relationships that convert to repeat sales. Further develop business with existing end-user and dealer customers.
- Quote, price and sell reusable transport packaging within your assigned region.
- Create periodic and ad hoc reports and market insights for your book of business or specific customers as requested by your Sales Leadership.
- Actively manage your book of business - create strategically aligned sales plan that supports the goals and objectives of your region and the company.
- Own the sales process and align internal resources to optimize efforts and results.
- Collaborate with internal partners like marketing, new product development, finance and operations to develop and deliver packaging solutions and strong customer value propositions for key customers.
- Follow sales best practices, procedures and maintain CRM other sales documentation. Provide assistance to sales support functions as appropriate.
- Must live in assigned territory.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Action oriented person willing to further develop an established territory.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience with focus on supply chain, industrial packaging, material handling, plastic containers, pallets or packaging-centric career path.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales budgets.
- Experience selling, managing and guiding direct accounts and dealer relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred; such as supply chain, business, engineering, or packaging.
- B2B Experience with food, distribution, manufacturing and/or automotive helpful.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Win-win negotiation
- Excellent collaboration, relationship building & communication skills
- Quantitative and analytical skills, ability to analyze data, determine key information and develop action plans that show value and win business
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to achieve goals by influencing others internally and externally
- Basic project management, change management & conflict management skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM
KEY PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES:
Click here to apply online
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity