The Sales Manager (SM) plays a crucial role in marketing ability to deliver turnkey solutions to its customers in the food and beverage, PET Industry, by being able to listen to their needs, take their container concept idea, and deliver a design, mold, machine and/or full line for them for their exact purpose. The SM actively supports and manages the customer to ensure that a confident, trusting relationship exists in order to maximize sales attainment in the area of equipment and component sales for and non- equipment as well as mold refurbishment and unit cavity development. The SM should display extensive PET packaging technical equipment knowledge to offer comprehensive solutions by means of innovative and out-of-the-box thinking. The SM works in close collaboration with international peers and local colleagues to deliver optimal results to customers and achieve their sales targets. The SM reports to the Global Divisional Sales Manager with structural reporting to the local HR Manager.
Essential Functions: including but not limited to the following:
- Expand the Company’s presence in the market with existing customers and the acquisition of new customers in their defined territory with a focus on new accounts and end user accounts, as defined by the Company, whilst working within predetermined travel expense budgets. strives for 360° account relations management.
- Achieve the Company’s annual sales targets as defined from year to year.
- Be willing to make regular calls on existing and potential customers, as well as source and manage agents in the territory, and be an energetic and dynamic presence at trade shows and industry conferences. Frequent visits to the Head Office in Italy for training or meetings are also required. Travel may account for as much as 70% of the SM’s time.
- Apprise Company management about market requirements and trends.
- Customer Relationship Management software input for the customers, activity and offers of their responsibility.
- Cooperate and ensure full communication with after-sales and project management teams for timely and accurate project execution.
- Follow open accounts receivables with internal departments and assist with collection of payments.
- Daily liaison and communication with functional supervisor to collaborate on business opportunities and plan sales strategies.
- Write and submit, on a timely basis, reports such as weekly schedules, monthly forecasts, monthly expenses and annual budget and to supply administrative requirements promptly as required. These reports or other necessary written documents must be delivered in business class English.
- Be an active member of the team who is dedicated to supporting the Company and building business in the territory.
- Is a visible person known to customers to be purposeful in attaining results and follow up projects in coordination with the internal customers concurrently.
- An affinity to think “outside-the-box” is essential to seeing revenue potential for the company at the same time as building customer loyalty and trust. This is especially necessary when building a new customer base in an unchartered territory.
- Be someone who is comfortable dealing with top management and machine operators alike at customers and within the company. Garner respect from all who are dealt with to instill confidence; approachability
Page 2 of 3
and results driven.
- Be able to prepare and deliver presentations and/or proposals to existing or potential customers confidently by articulating verbal communications, as well as being able to close the sales through articulate negotiation.
- Provide technical input into projects and analysis to secure increases in revenue.
- Seek, identify and adopt industry benchmark best practices in field of expertise, which may include collaborating on marketing initiatives and/or business development plans.
- Perform competitive analysis (technology, pricing, promotion) to minimize competitive threats and develop new initiatives in collaboration with global initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years selling experience in a capital, complex industrial machinery sector. Preference will be given to experience with an international company within the PET plastic machinery or beverage equipment manufacturing industry. B2B and B2C selling and account management.
- Must have a proven ability to understand technical/systems configurations.
- Degree in mechanical or industrial engineering or degree in economics.
- The role requires an ability to function independently and achieve targets without constant intervention by management, as well as management skills together with ability to work under pressure and by project.
- The candidate should be results and customer oriented, flexible and determined, with a demonstrated record of building a customer base; closing on sales and personal growth through increasing positions of responsibility.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient, self-motivated, highly organized, attentive to detail and possess an ability to obtain results in terms of mandated tasks.
- Account management, problem solving, sales, and marketing experience are key to the SM’s success.
- Confidence to be able to call customers for appointments and open issues.
- Microsoft Office mandatory (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel) as well asClick here to apply online