Our client supplies feed ingredients and related products across Canada to plants, feed mills, and businesses that produce animal feed. We are assisting them to hire a Sales & Business Development Lead to grow and expand sales; working with new and existing distribution channel partners and dealers to market products. There are no direct sales to producers - your clients would include veterinarians, nutritionists, formulators, marketing managers, sales representatives, centres of influence, and academia.
Your proven ability for 'outside sales', consulting with clients and utilizing organizational and interpersonal skills are a definite requirement.
This is a home-based position within the Ontario feed industry. On a regular basis, you will be asked to:
Success in this role will be guaranteed if you can/have:
- Regularly visit clients and prospective clients/targets; calling and securing appointments
- Making technical presentations; utilizing in-house technical support as required
- Detail products, promote solutions, create demand
- Provide evidence of efficacy and economic value
- Propose/manage trials to demonstrate the efficacy
- Develop and foster relationships, trust, and rapport
- Building the business by securing orders
- Strong knowledge of Canadian agriculture and the feed industry
- Degree or diploma in agriculture and/or related sales experience
- Proven employment success in an outside sales role
- The ability to establish trust, rapport, and relationships with clients and prospects
- Ability to truly listen to discover needs and provide solutions; ultimately helping the customer
- Deliver value to clients
- Be consistent and persistent without aggression
- Treat others the way you'd like to be treated
- Be flexible in your approach
- Follow-up on commitments
- Demonstrate humility
- Ability to work productively from a home office in relative isolation
- Willingness to frequently travel during the daytime
- Ability to work for a Quebec-based company
- Ability to regularly communicate with and report to your supervisor
- Be described as a go-getter with a competitive nature and a great sense of humour
Our client offers an attractive compensation package including an industry-standard salary, annual bonus opportunity, and benefits.
If this immediate opportunity sounds like your kind of challenge, and you are looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact on a company’s success, while working with a close-knit, supportive, team, I encourage you to apply today! Full details regarding the client and position will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity your personally might like more information on, contact Mike Bachner at 1-866-519-2793 for more information. All correspondence is confidential. Applicants must be fully entitled to work in Canada to be considered; we are not licensed to assist with international applications.
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted for further discussion. International applications are not retained.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online