please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for assisting in the supervision of the Safety Department. Assists in the development and implementation of various Safety policies and procedures for the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the design, develop and implement new safety policies, procedures and programs for both the Safety department.
- Works as a Liaison between Safety and the employees on the communication of any safety policy or program changes.
- Assists in the coordination of all safety training.
- Works with Managers, Supervisors and Group Leads to resolve safety issues.
- Helps Safety Coordinators with incident investigations.
- Facilitates safety round table meetings.
- Speak and work with employees in the plant to ensure they understand our safety programs and policies.
- Work with Supervisors in the plant to assist with housekeeping and OSHA compliance.
- Assist Environmental with the development and implementation of ISO 14001.
- Assist in the coordination of activities of the Safety department.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree in Safety with a minimum of three to five years previous experience required. Must possess a minimum of one to three years of prior supervision in Safety and extensive knowledge of the OSHA 1910 standard. Must also possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Previous training experience also preferred.