endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
- Coordinate training programs and provide safety/health/training support to manufacturing and office associates
- Develop and implement safety and health programs and objectives.
- Monitor safety and health regulations and provide support to manufacturing and office associates to ensure compliance with Federal and State OSHA safety and health regulations
- Management of all aspects of the workers compensation process for assigned locations
- Prepare written safety/health programs and policies.
- Identify company safety training needs. Develop and coordinate related safety training.
- Assist with the development of safety/health goals.
- Administer Personal Protective Equipment programs and assess needs.
- Maintain plant safety resources (documents, AV, online, books).
- Coordinate safety awareness (internal communications, safety bulletin board, flyers, alerts, newsletters).
- Champion safety teams and safe role modeling.
- Keep facility/management up to date about compliance regulations and changes.
- Administer safety procedures/records and audit for compliance and consistency.
- Coordinate first aid teams, all shifts, and schedule certification and training.
- Maintain first aid and safety supplies at Greensboro Plant and Distribution Center, and coordinate supplier cost and quality with Purchasing.
- Schedule and coordinate the Hearing Conservation program for the Greensboro Plant, Research and Development at the Greensboro Plant and the Distribution Center.
- Coordinate noise level surveys with the hearing conservation vendor as needed.
- Coordinate chemical/air sampling surveys with chemical hygiene vendor as needed.
- Co-Chair of the Safety Committee. Maintain minutes, records, meeting notices, plant safety charts, and safety observation reports.
- Maintain all SAFE procedures (Haz Com, PPE, Lockout/Tagout, Spill Prevention/Control, Emergency evacuation plan, Blood Borne Pathogens).
- Monitor the Safety Above and Beyond positive reinforcement program (including cards, drawings and awards).
Workers’ Compensation Administration:
- Maintain personal certification for first aid/CPR/AED/BBP.
- Perform first aid and first assessment on injured associates as needed.
- Accompany injured associates for treatment, either to company physician or Urgent Care/Emergency Room. (On all shifts, if needed).
- File First Report of Injury/Insurance Claim with workers’ compensation insurance company and act as the main contact.
- Follow all workers’ comp claims to resolution, including the NCIC Form 22 wage statement and any other reports and documents.
- Maintain the OSHA 300 Log and OSHA 300A summary and all Workers’ comp file information for the Greensboro Plant and the DC.
- Insure incident investigations are completed by managers (with incident reenactment to include injured associates and any witnesses.) Collect statements from the injured and any witnesses to provide to the worker’s compensation carrier.
- Issue a SCAR (Safety Corrective Action Report) and follow the report to completion with the business unit.
- Act as the contact for any legal response for a worker’s compensation claim.
- Administer orientation process for new hires and temporary to permanent trainees. (Includes classes, procedures, safety).
- Assist with planning and organization of training programs and seminars for managers and office staff as requested.
- New hires (hourly) – direct training documentation and 120 day evaluation period documents.
- Coordinate industrial truck training and three year update/documentation for drivers per the OSHA standard.
- Maintain and update the Training Matrix for all hourly associates (Greensboro Plant and Distribution Center).
- Coordinate and schedule departmental training as requested (maintenance, confined space, switcher, equipment updates, etc.).
- Maintain ISO procedures for Training/Safety (HR).
- Serve as an internal auditor for the ISO system, for HR.
- Act as contact for customer audits, quality audits, BSI-ISO audits and internal audits.
- Assist Human Resources with yearly departmental activities as requested to include: benefits updates, yearly health screening and flu shots, United Way Campaign, seasonal dinners/cookouts and any other special events.
- Publish the yearly schedule for plant safety and business/quality update meetings. Send out monthly meeting notices and maintain sign in lists for meetings.
- Attend continuing education as available to maintain knowledge level.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.