AstraWorks is a recruiting agency focused on the Construction Design/Build market. We place professionals across various disciplines including Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental, Real Estate and Operations.
We partnered with an industry leading Contractor to identify a Site Safety Manager in Southern California.
- Provides orientation and training for all employees to recognize, avoid and prevent injury or damage of equipment and material
- Trains all site personnel with the emergency, fire and first-aid procedures
- Participates in subcontractor Alignment meetings
- Investigates all incidents, either property damage or personal injury relative to the project.
- Conducts audits of subcontractor operations to ensure compliance with project safety program, OSHA and state safety standards and regulations
- Submits weekly safety reports
- Ensures prequalification of subcontractors
- Reviews subcontractor documentation (certifications, Pre-Work Hazard Surveys, etc.)
- Schedules and conducts weekly supervisory safety meeting
- 5 + years of safety management experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Experience with electrical construction ranging from 12 kV-500 kV construction projects
- Experience safely managing lineman, electricians or wireman
- CSP, CHST or CUSP certification preferred