Safety Manager, Environment and Security permanent role in Sydney CBD with an An attractive remuneration package!
This position is for an experienced Safety Manager to work across the security, environment and risk management area of the company.
The position is to manage and implement best practice for the marine transport team. This position involves direct involvement with other leaders and drive ideas and impact for the company. What you will bring:
Experience and Qualifications
- Safety – have a developed understanding of national, state and maritime legislated requirements and ensure compliance.
- Security – lead security management, integrate with external agencies and partners and ensure our threat assessments are accurate and have effective controls in place
- Environment – design and implement best practice initiatives that reduce the risk of unplanned impacts on the environment and maritime public transport sustainability.
Skills and Attributes
- Tertiary Qualifications in WHS
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing, designing, and implementing Safety, Security, Environment and Risk Management programs in a high-risk environment
- Experienced in managing WHS in a highly industrial /unionised environment
- Maritime and / or public transport industry experience
- Certified Incident Investigator
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Knowledge and understanding of the following: ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 55001
- Strong interpersonal skills including consultation, collaboration, facilitation and influencing skills
- Strong written and oral communication, with the ability to produce concise and coherent reports
- High consistency in delivery
- Ability to relate well with staff at all levels
- Ability to enhance the utilisation of HSEQ software management systems
- Knowledge of, commitment to, and ability to implement the principles of equal employment opportunity, occupational health and safety, and ethical practice.