endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Multi-Billion Dollar Automotive Company located in Sterling Heights Michigan is looking for a Safety Manager that will manage the overall environmental, health and safety for the entire plant. This includes everything related to health, safety, wellness, environmental, ergonomics, contractors and plant security.
- Develops annual EH&S business plans/budget identifying functional activities, training, machine guarding, ergonomic and other EH&S improvements needed with action plans and target implementation dates.
- Drive safety policy / procedure enforcement that includes disciplinary actions.
- Assists in the development and management of Safety and Environmental Programs including but not limited to LOTO, forklift training / licensing, crane operation, ergonomics, job safety risk assessments (JSRA), (TSAC), working at heights, COVID protocols, waste management, air permit compliance, storm water, spill prevention, incident investigations, safety/security etc….
- Ensure legal compliance for all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Lead the plant to achieve ISO 14001 certifications and successfully pass any EH&S related internal / external required audits.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D03#LI-01
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Safety and/or Environmental is preferred. Will consider equivalent experience, which would typically come with 5+ years of experience.
- CSP is preferred and/or other related credentials.
- Experience managing Workers Comp
- Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of ISO-140001 audits and IATF requirements is preferred.