endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Safety, Health and Sustainability (SHS) Regional Manager will be responsible for managing Safety, Health and Sustainability for various sites including locations in Brazil and USA, Uruguay, and Peru. To ensure a safe and accident-free workplace as well as the preservation of the environment, the SHS Regional Manager will lead the process to train managers, SHS colleagues and employees in work site involving SHS practices. This position will inspect the organization’s facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventive measures. He/she will follow-up to ensure compliance. This position will oversee the investigation of workplace accidents, root cause analysis and monitor corrective action implementation. They will maintain accident reports required by regulatory agencies and will works with corporate SHS leaders to reduce injuries and lost work time and will oversee and will maintain environmental compliance and preservation as well as the SHS processes at all locations.
The ideal candidate for this position will be knowledgeable and well versed in environmental, health and safety. They should have the ability to led diverse teams through positive and dynamic change management to be successful in this position. They will work to lead and influence behaviors of salaried and hourly employees, including senior leadership. The candidate should possess the ability and efficiency to handle multiple competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage SHS programs, provide coaching and supervise defined staff for the locations in Brazil and USA, and locations in Peru and operations in Uruguay to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment.
- Oversee SHS processes to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance.
- Plan and deliver programs to train managers and employees in work site involving SHS practices.
- Study causes of industrial and agricultural accidents and recommend SHS processes to address areas where the organization may be at risk.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventive measures.
- Establish plant SHS policies/procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and federal/state/local regulatory requirements.
- Promote plant SHS by working with all departments to analyze current situations and recommend SHS improvements.
- Analyze incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Oversee the incident investigation process to determine root cause and timely corrective action.
- Manage and establish objectives for the overall SHS program.
- Track progress and publish results on current SHS objectives and metrics.
- Drive SHS process ownership to the floor level where appropriate.
- Develop training programs for all levels of operations with the objective to have a safer, more efficient, engaged, and productive plant and field department.
- Manage and monitor training programs to meet SHS standards and requirements.
- Assure all records are kept in accordance with State and Federal regulations including OSHA logs and training documents.
- Develop, implement, and recommend programs and practices designed to reduce work-related injuries and illnesses including but not limited to ergonomic assessments and job hazard analysis.
- Support Human Resources and Plant Manager on Workers’ Compensation cases with a focus on returning employees to work following workplace injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required, major in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, SHS Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Ten (10) years SHS management experience in an agricultural and/or manufacturing environment is required. Relevant experience should include:
- Experience in hazard recognition, evaluation and analysis, and development and implementation of control processes.
- Experience leading and influencing and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in developing and managing training programs to promote workplace health and safety.
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development and training delivery.
- Experience working with data, database applications, and reporting (SAP-SHS, TREO, etc.)
- Knowledge of SHS equipment.
- Knowledge of safety, industrial and environmental testing methods.
- Experience in providing technical support to adhere to SHS policies.
- Experience in multi-site responsibilities
- Must have applied knowledge and in-depth understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), regulatory compliance, experience with inspections, incident investigations, remediation, process safety, contractor safety, SHS training, hazard reviews, and job SHS analysis.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work overnight up to 30% is required.
- Strong organizing, planning, analytical problem-solving and decision making are required.
- Resilience, persistence, and optimism is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is required. Ability to speak, read, and interpret documents in English and Spanish such as SHS rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is required.
- Ability to train on the use of diagnostic equipment/tools. Ability to write in English routine maintenance reports or correspondence is required.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.