Do you understand why safety engineering and injury prevention in manufacturing is more than writing rules and training employees to follow them? Are you all about helping customers reduce their work-related risk to quality, productivity and employee health?
Our customer, is a 30 year + engineering firm known for strategic human factors engineering that improves people’s interaction with products, systems and environments to minimize risk, improve quality and productivity. In this role you will work with a diverse client base to include aerospace, defense, automotive suppliers.
Your typical day:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of safety and consult on both technical and non-technical topics including local and national safety regulations for manufacturing projects
- Coordinate implementation and continuous improvement safety programs
- Take immediate and appropriate action when an "imminent risk of serious injury" has been identified
- Communicate new initiatives, standards, regulations, significant incidents and management directives to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide specific health and safety training on various topics
- Conduct Risk Assessments on various machinery and tooling and provide advise in machinery and equipment design reviews and/or buy-offs
- Work in cooperation with union Health and Safety Representatives to achieve objectives
What you need to bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety or a related discipline or CSP certification
- Thorough knowledge of state and national OHSA laws, codes of practice and corporate safety programs for manufacturing
- Applied safety experience and knowledge of ergonomic assessment tools as well as ergonomic risk assessments
- Working knowledge of Workers Compensation programs and return to work programs
- Demonstrated conflict management skills, strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills and ability to guide all levels of an organization
- MS Office skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
As an equal opportunity employer, AMJ Staffing recognizes that our strength lies in our people. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs and in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.